We are seeking a highly motivated Shopify and WordPress developer to work on a slew of websites. Your knowledge and talents will need to be as diverse as our client base. This position will start out as part-time. If you’re highly collaborative, self-motivated and self-directed, Main Event Digital is looking for you. We are one of the fastest growing Digital Marketing Agencies in the country! Don't hesitate to apply.
- Optimizing sites for speed
- Converting mockups to markup
- Private app creation
- App selection, installation and configuration
- Customizing websites as needed
The successful candidate should have at least three years of development-related experience with WordPress and Shopify including:
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Candidate must be located in the United States of America
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently while meeting short and long term deadlines
- Experience in Slack, Jira, Confluence or similar platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite
Please send samples of your work and a copy of your resume to mdmayer @ maineventdigital . com.
Skills: Digital Marketing; SEO; E-Commerce; SEM; CMS; Web Design; WordPress; Magento; Squarespace; Google; Amazon; Bing; Shopify; User Experience; User Interface Design; Content Writing; Jira; Confluence.
Main Event Digital is a boutique, full-service digital marketing agency based in the Chicagoland area. Our focus is on providing end-to-end digital marketing solutions for manufacturers, distributors & wholesalers. Our services include graphic & web design, development, digital advertising, SEO, social, content creation, lead gen and email marketing. We are an equal opportunity employer that greatly values a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences.
If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing company, we’d love to discuss the Shopify / WordPress Developer position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.