Freelance – 100% Remote
Main Event Digital is looking for an experienced Paid Social Media Strategist who is curious and always up-to-date on the latest media planning and buying trends, new ad formats, tools and technologies. You are highly organized and detail-oriented, and you are obsessed with optimization, AB testing, and generating the best possible results for your campaigns. You are a self-starter who can work well independently, but also collaborates well in team environments. In this role, you will report to the Social Media Marketing Manager. You’ll be responsible for Main Event Digital’s paid social advertising program along with our clients, with a key focus on managing, optimizing, and scaling Facebook and Instagram ads.
Specifically, your job will be to build and optimize Facebook and Instagram campaigns to acquire new users at a target CPA upon our existing practices and insights, as well as grow paid social channels at 3-5x our current scale. You will work closely with the design and content teams to develop a robust ad creative and landing page testing roadmap and execute creative experiments to improve ad performance and campaign KPIs. You will work closely with the data team to improve analytics and measurement tools to make data-driven decisions and inform paid social strategy. You’ll also lead a conversion lift and similar studies to help understand paid social campaigns' impact on other channels. In the next one to two years, you will evaluate and launch additional paid social channels to help drive more conversions at scale.
- Develop and own Paid Social user acquisition strategy with a goal to acquire new users for Main Event Digital.
- Plan, execute, and optimize Facebook, Instagram, and other paid social ad campaigns for Main Event Digital Clients.
- Project monthly, weekly, quarterly, and yearly performance for paid social channels
- Write creative briefs for design team to develop ad creatives for Facebook, Instagram, and other paid social channels
- Write ad copy for Facebook, Instagram, and other paid social channels
- Develop testing roadmaps for paid social campaigns
- Design and execute experiments to improve campaigns performance and achieve growth and profitability goals
- Measure results against goals and hypotheses
- Analyze campaign performance to evaluate results against the KPIs
- Work with the data team to build data dashboards to monitor performance trends, make performance projections,
and track campaigns profitability
- Based on the data insight, plan experiments and a/b tests to improve performance and scale the advertising program
- Test ad creatives, bidding strategies, landing pages, and more
- Develop and execute strategies to scale Paid Social advertising while meeting aggressive growth goals
- Collaborate with other marketing teams to align advertising efforts with the company's business goals, product,
brand, content, email, messaging strategy, and more
- Analyze the company’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy and identifying strategic weaknesses and
making recommendations for improvements
- Work with Project Managers and Department Heads to develop social media marketing campaigns
- Interact with customers and other stakeholders via the company’s social media accounts
- Research social media trends and inform management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing
- Bachelor’s degree required (Marketing, advertising or communications, MIS or stats preferred)
- 3-5 years of social media planning and/or buying experience (agency or in-house)
- 3+ years managing direct response Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns
- Proven record executing and optimizing campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Experience optimizing paid social campaigns for purchase and ROAS
- Highly proficient in excel, analytics tools, and customized reporting
- Love working with data and have strong analytical skills including the ability to use data to make strategic decisions
and visualize data insights
- Have experience working with Google Analytics, Data Studio, etc.
- Have strong copywriting skills and a passion for writing ad copy
- Experience ideating paid social ad visuals especially for Facebook and Instagram
- Experience working with a design team and overseeing the design process of paid social ads
- Understand how conversion tracking works and can troubleshoot issues, working with engineering teams to fix them
- Self-starter who has the drive to build and grow a program
- Confident communicator and stakeholder manager
- Brings a curious and enthusiastic mindset
- Experience working with Facebook account managers
- Experience running conversion lift experiments
Main Event Digital is a full-service digital marketing agency based in the Chicagoland area. Our focus is on providing end-to-end digital marketing solutions for manufacturers, distributors & wholesalers. Our services include graphic & web design, development, digital advertising, SEO, social, content creation, lead gen, and email marketing. We are an equal opportunity employer that greatly values a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences.