SearchEngine Optimization (SEO) / Analytics Specialist
Freelance/Contract– 100% Remote
We are seeking an SEO and analytics specialist who not only knows how to optimize a website but has the ability to create dashboards that report on the results of the effort.
Your knowledge and talents will need to be as diverse as our client base.You may be called upon to develop an SEO strategy and game plan where none exists. Alternately, you might need analyze an existing site to identify content and technical areas for improvement. Either way, you’ll need to implement the changes and recommendations you make which will require familiarity with a broad range of CMS packages.
The complimentary part of this position will be building and maintaining analytics. These dashboards will need to clearly and concisely show progress towards meeting or exceeding KPIs. Like your knowledge of CMS packages, you’ll also need to know a variety of analytics packages. If you're dedicated and ambitious, Main Event Digital is one of the fastest-growing Digital Marketing Agencies in the country! Don't hesitate to apply.
- Build SEO strategies from the ground up
- Analysis of existing website pages to identify areas for optimization
- Build internal and external-facing KPI dashboards
- Create weekly and monthly reports to track campaign success
- 3+ years of SEO strategy and implementation experience
- Expert-level knowledge of different optimization strategies
- Superior keyword research skills using a variety of tools
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Perform ongoing keyword research and discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations on the website
- Research and analyze competitor content and links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content strategy and creation
- Work closely with social media team to align social distribution and SEO efforts
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- CMS Experience (e.g. Wordpress)
- 3+ years of analytics implementation and reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain dashboards with actionable data
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Solid writing skills
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated and self-directed working with little or no daily supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or information technology
- SEO Certification: HubSpot, SEMrush Academy, Advanced SEO Certification Training, etc.
- Web Analytics Certifications: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, WebTrends, etc.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently while meeting short and long term deadlines
- Experience in Slack, Jira and Confluence
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite
Skills:Digital Marketing; SEO; E-Commerce; SEM; CMS; Web Design; WordPress;Magento; Squarespace; Google; Amazon; Bing; Shopify; User Experience;User Interface Design; Content Writing; Jira; Confluence.
Main Event Digital is a boutique, full-service digital marketing agency based in the Chicagoland area. Our focus is on providing end-to-end digital marketing solutions for manufacturers, distributors & wholesalers. Our services include graphic & web design, development, digital advertising, SEO, social, content creation, lead-gen and email marketing. We are an equal opportunity employer that greatly values a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing company, we’d love to discuss the SEO Specialist position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.